Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:52:21 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.7 available this weekend

On 26 Mar 2001, at 14:47, Joe Greco wrote:

> > Joe: Can I urge you to get listed under the freebsd.org domain?  That
> > way, your archives will be automagically listed at freebsdmirrors.org...
>
> I don't have a problem with it.  I think I used to be one of the FreeBSD
> mirrors in years way back, back when I was also exploding mail for the
> mail lists, but I pretty much refuse to run mirroring scripts because I
> like to be _sure_ that what I've got is right.  My servers all run in
> heavy securemode, and you'll notice that all distributions get marked
> schg read-only once they hit the disk and are verified.  That sort of
> paranoia is sorta mutually exclusive with the idea of automatic mirroring.

Then I suggest you contact hubs@freebsd.org and ask for a delegation
(that is the place isn't it?). Your resource should be more widely known.

> FWIW, I wasn't even aware that "freebsdmirrors.org" existed.

It is a great resource.  Gavin has done well with this concept.  It's
automated and so long as your server is under freebsd.org somewhere,
it'll be found and inventoried.  There are links to his site from somewhere
in www.freebsd.org.

--
Dan Langille
pgpkey - finger dan@unixathome.org | http://unixathome.org/finger.php