Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:52:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Oi Yan <oiyanca@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   man command output

--0-1199425991-1019836337=:11037

I have problem about man command to direct to output file

eg: man syslogd 8 > a.txt

1/ there are specail characters in a.txt when I open it in notepad!

HOw do i remove it?

2/# man syslogd 8 > a.txt  . I got below and did not have output file.
What manual page do you want from section 8?

TIA

---------------------------------
Find, Connect, Date! Yahoo! Canada Personals

--0-1199425991-1019836337=:11037

<P>I have problem about man command to direct to output file</P>
<P>eg: man syslogd 8 &gt; a.txt</P>
<P>1/ there&nbsp;are specail characters in a.txt when I open it in notepad!</P>
<P>HOw do i remove it?</P>
<P>2/# man syslogd 8 &gt; a.txt&nbsp; . I got below and did not have output file.<BR>What manual page do you want from section 8?</P>
<P>TIA</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-1199425991-1019836337=:11037--