Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:30:23 -0500
From:      "Christopher J. Umina" <FJU@Fritzilldo.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   smtp

Hello,

I've installed BSD 4.5 like 8 times before this and never had this problem.
I installed this time and usually when I install I can just uncomment SMTP
in inetd.conf and it works.  This time I had to install qmail and that
wasn't a problem.  Now that I installed qmail and popper I have popper
running to do my pop3 stuff and it works.  Qmail is my problem right now.
When I boot the server it says that it has an error making the SMTP socket
because it's in use.  So I tried telnetting to the server on the SMTP port
just for fun, it connects but I get this error:

220 209-6-188-154.c3-0.wth-ubr2.sbo-wth.ma.cable.rcn.com ESMTP
502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

What can I do?