Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 10:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Van Epp <vanepp@sfu.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom cardbus card drivers?

	I have a pair of Xircom cardbus cards (and someone on questions was
good enough to point out that cardbus != pcmcia) one a CBE-10/100BTX and
the other a RBE100 Real Port in an IBM 380XD laptop (and a IBM I series of
some type). The CBE is for our Network General sniffer (and thus may be a
little odd although both Win98 and the Xircom Packet driver can use it
successfully on the machine as well as the Sniffer software), and the RBE is
the standard laptop card we use. I have DOS (for the sniffer), Win98 and
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE on the laptop but it doesn't see either of the Enet cards
and a pccardc doesn't seem to get any configuration information for either
of the cards although I may not have enabled enough (I only enabled pccard
support in /etc/rc.conf). Is there a driver in progress (or around that I just
haven't found yet) for either of these cards? If not I may be interested in
attempting to write one by reverse engineering the Xircom packet driver (which
is the same for both cards) assuming that the driver landscape is stable
enough to make that a worthwhile endevour (I see there is a major device
driver re engineering in progress).