Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:47:20 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with Hylafax

	Hello, thanks for the detailed report,

>I've had a problem with Hylafax for a little while, though I can't remember
>for the life of me when it started (don't use it often enough). hfaxd
>throws a signal-11 at me every time it starts.  I run 2.2-stable with the
>last make world (cvsup right before) on October 9'th.  My kernel
>configuration has remained the same before/after the problems (pretty sure,
>since I haven't changed it in a while).
(snip)
>So.. I have no clue whats going on.. (novice C programmer to begin with,
>not to mention I have no clue about c++).

	It looks that your hostname (configured by /bin/hostname) does not
	have correct entry in DNS database.  gethostbyname() fails and
	in InetFaxServer.c++ code touches incorrect memory region.
	Is it the case?
	I'll try submitting a report to the implementers of hylafax, so that
	there'll be proper error handling.

itojun