Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:43:10 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suggestion for camcontrol

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 22:11:44 +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 01:03:40PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > > Interfaces don't "have" to be clean, and neither does code that accesses
> > > those interfaces.
> > >
> > > Cleanliness is a choice made by the developer, and in this case I'm chosing
> > > the clean path rather than the quick-n-dirty path.
> > >
> > > The information in question is available through 'camcontrol negotiate -v',
> > > (once I commit the patch) so I don't think there's an urgent need for this,
> > > anyway.  We've got time to do this the right way instead of throwing
> > > something in there that will likely stay there a long time.
> >
> > I wasn't paying attention - was this integrated?
>
> I think Ken is looking for a clean way to do this and has put it on his
> whiteboard as a wish. Could be wrong though..

Well, there are two different issues here.  One is getting the initiator ID
into 'camcontrol devlist', and that is indeed on my list of things to look
at.

The other issue is getting the initiator ID into 'camcontrol negotiate -v',
and I just checked it in.  (Thanks for the reminder!)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org