Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:44:08 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        Yann CUEFF <yanncueff@hotmail.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to boot after a Freebsd 5.3 install

As Yann CUEFF wrote:

> Nowhere like an install on i386 i've seen an item to install a boot
> manager.

The Openboot PROM (OBP) is boot manager enough.

> After exist sysinstall i tried to boot with the OBP of my ultra5
> workstation on the a partition and i doesn't work.

Where did you install it?  How did you partition your disk(s)?

If not customized, OBP tries to boot off partition `a' of the first
disk (IDE disk on the U5/10).

What ``does not work''?  (IOW: what happens?)
joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/