Date:      Tue, 08 May 2012 13:55:53 -0700
From:      John Webster <jwebster0001@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Preventing portmaster from using packages for specified ports

--==========3BACCA36D779EAF626F9==========

--On May 8, 2012 9:33:59 PM +0100 Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm happy to use the -P option to let portmaster use packages for most
> of my ports but there's a few that must be compiled from the port
> instead because I need to configure non default options, e.g. to enable
> GIMP plugin support in graphics/xsane
>
> Is there any way of forcing portmaster to never use packages for certain
> specified ports?
>
> --

Would this work for you?  From the manpage:

     For those who wish to be sure that specific ports are always compiled
     instead of being installed from packages the PT_NO_INSTALL_PACKAGE vari-
     able can be defined in the make(1) environment, perhaps in
     /usr/local/etc/ports.conf if using /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portconf, or in
     /etc/make.conf.  This setting is not compatible with the
     -PP/--packages-only option.

--==========3BACCA36D779EAF626F9==========

--==========3BACCA36D779EAF626F9==========--