Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 10:19:18 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org, "Anonymous Remailer \(austria\)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at>
Subject:   Re: Possible to run freebsd mips under QEMU???

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> The short answer is yes - I've seen this. I've not done it myself
> though, I've just acquired cheap mips hardware.

I'd currently preference the use of GXemul over the use of QEMU.
GXemul has a built-in test machine that we support disk, networking
and SMP on now.  I'll try to take the time to write-up complete
instructions (I've done it so many times I'd surely leave something
out if I wrote it up right now) in the next few days, or perhaps
rwatson will, as I know his lab is using GXemul in that way.  We
should try to get something on the Wiki for this as soon as possible
as it's a very easy way to get started with FreeBSD on MIPS, and is
infinitely-useful for debugging and some kinds of performance testing.