Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:34:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop review

> Since it has come up recently: I ran across an "ultraportable" laptop
> review at
> http://www.cnet.com/Content/Reviews/Compare/Ultportables/index.html
> that I thought you (we?) freebsd-mobilers would be interested in.  One
> thing really cool about the page is they actually tell you what kind
> of display hardware the machine uses, which is lots easier than poking
> around in the store on a machine with a mangled Control Panel.

I was suprised they didn't have the DEC HiNote Ultra II in the list, but
apparently DEC is in the middle of changing model lines.

What was no suprise was the high marks for the 560.  If you can afford
it, there is *NO* competition for it in the laptop market (yet).  I'm
hoping to see some soon, cause I *really* want to upgrade my old NEC box
and I want something with a bit more kick than the current models.

> I think I'm going to take courage in hand and get a Fujitsu Lifebook
> 635 or so.  I hope to get an XF86Config for it.  Wish me luck -- if
> there's interest, I'll let you know how it goes.

Please, I'd like to know.

Nate