Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 23:48:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <Ollivier.Robert@keltia.frmug.fr.net>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some Makefiles incorrectly set LDADD

It seems that Rodney W. Grimes said:
> > sh/Makefile:LDADD=  -ll -ledit -ltermcap
>                 ^^^
> LDADD should not be set with a += in a Makefile unless that Makefile
> has mutliple LDADD lines with in it.

Yeah,  you're right. I  should  have  think  about  it first... I  was just
looking for a way to add a "-ldlmalloc" for every program in /etc/make.conf
with the LDADD variable and some programs just ignored the variable.

My  goal  is to replace  BSD malloc   with DL'malloc  with minimal patching
(i.e. without patching libc).

Anyway, I just made a port for libdlmalloc.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia 2.0-BUILT-19950602 #1: Fri Jun  2 21:01:56 MET DST 1995