Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:43:27 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI imap client

On Sunday 29 October 2006 07:03 pm, soralx@cydem.org wrote:
> can anyone kindly recommend a decent GUI imap client? I used KMail for
> quite a while and didn't complain, but decided to move away from it
> (slow, stores message flags in some weird way usable only to itself,
> fancy, requires KDE, etc).

The "requires KDE" I can understand being a bad thing for some people.
The rest, though, I find very strange.  I've been using KMail since KDE
3.0, and Kontact since it was released, without any issues.  I have over
50 folders (with sub-folders) holding 1.5 GB of messages, with some
folders having over 20,000 messages.  Never had a problem with slowness
(except the period where the IMAP server was running Courier IMAP,
switching it to Cyrus sped things up a lot).

As for non-KMail IMAP clients, the ones I know and have used:
  - evolution (horrid thing, too much like Outlook)
  - thunderbird (nice, cross-platform)

Personnally, I'd recommend sticking with KMail, but I'm a KDE-whore.  :)
--
Freddie Cash
fcash@ocis.net