Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:12:58 -0800
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nd6_rtrequest: bad gateway value: stf0

Following up on my own question...

I took at look at the code (/usr/src/sys/netinet6/nd6.c line 1185) where
this message is printed.  From what I can tell, the message is being
printed only because the interface (stf0) is an "AF_INET6" rather than a
"AF_LINK".

It's not clear to me whether there's even a real error occurring here - and
it turns out that I am able to communicate with other IPv6 nodes (both 6to4
and native) just fine.

Can anyone who's familiar with this code confirm whether or not this
message is just a red herring?

	Ross.