Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2018 22:56:06 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
Subject:   Re: get rid of the eui64 address

Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:

> > I have a static IPv6 address configured on a host. However, an
> > autoconfigured eui64 address keeps popping up even if I delete it
> > manually.  It's marked by the "autoconf" flag in the ifconfig output.
> >
> > Can I get rid of the autoconf'ed address for good, but still keep the
> > rtsold running (for the sake of the default gateway)?
> >
> > Or should I leave it alone? I just want to make sure that the static
> > IPv6 address is used for outgoing connections.
>
> You can use prefer_source flag for your static address, and for most
> cases it will be chosen by IPv6 SAS algorithm (if it is from the same
> prefix as autoconfigured one).

Thank you Andrey, you made my day! I'm beginning to love IPv6 more and
more.

How would the prefer_source flag look like in rc.conf? Is the following approach correct:

ifconfig_fxp0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet6 2001:19f0:8001:1219::10 prefer_source"

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/