Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 20:27:07 +0200
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   hfa0 (PCA200E) Strange behaviour

I see a very strange behaviour on my PCA200E linked a Juniper M40
ping time of 4msecs suddendly become 300ms with no load
on the link and every time this happens I get the Xmit Queue Full
counter going up and after the Output Errors counter doing the same
etc.. as stated in my atm@freebsd.org messages.

Is this a behaviour that would match with what Mark Tinguely said ?

One information I can give ; is that the MTU on the Juniper
is 4470 and on the PCA200E it is 9180. However this does not seems
to be the problem since when we set the MTU of the JUNIPER to 9180
problems are even worth and the ping time goes up to 1200ms by small
bursts

Christophe Prevotaux        Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine      Direct: +33 (0)3 26 79 08 02
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center