Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 21:45:18 GMT
From:      "James Shaw" <simba7@access1.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hello,

  I've been having trouble getting a 40Gb Maxtor to keep a file system after
an incorrect shutdown. I have these configurations:

240Mb Quantum   30   Mb     /usr
240Mb Quantum   48   Mb     Swap
240Mb Quantum   20   Mb     /var
240Mb Quantum   142  Mb     /usr
40Gb Maxtor     31995Mb     /fserv1     <-- Problem Area
40Gb Maxtor     7654 Mb     /fserv2

How can I keep /fserv1 from acting strange after an abrupt shutdown? Do I need
to shrink it down a bit? I'm running a HP Vectra 5/90 Series 4 w/16Mb EDO RAM
(Intel FX Chipset). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

James
------------This message was sent using Access1 Mail! http://www.access1.net