Date:      22 Sep 2000 12:03:39 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        "Richard Browne" <richb@timestone.com.au>
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: Diagramming

 RB> A couple of general questions:

 RB> 1. What tools to people use to generate diagrams suitable for
 RB> inclusion in SGML docs?

I use gnuplot or xfig (or sodipodi when I feel experimental), they can
all (with helper apps) make both bitmap formats (gif or png for the
web) and eps for print.

 RB> 2. How does one include them in SGML docs? Are they normally
 RB> imported as bitmap files, or is there a better (ie. resolution
 RB> independent) method?

Are you talking in the context of the FreeBSD documentation here? In
that case, I believe there is work being done to support "document
specific images" (check the archives for this list). Otherwise it
pretty much depends on which DTD you use ...

--
Rasmus Kaj ------------------------ rasmus@kaj.se - http://Raditex.se/~kaj/
 \                                 Pro is to con as progress is to Congress