Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:21:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>, Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problesm w/ 4.0-current & wine

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Brian Feldman wrote:
> >
> > That sounds like a bug, but the "boot: " prompt is NOT the new boot loader,
> > it's the semi-new boot0 (which is quite nice, Mr. Nordier). When you actually
> > yet to BTX, try boot -c.
>
> Terminology errors abound here. I know, because I made many of them
> in the past.
>
> boot0 is the "booteasy" prompt (F?).
> BTX is a kernel. "Prompt" doesn't apply here.
> The twisting | is boot2. If you type something at this time, you get
> boot2 prompt. Unless you type enter, od course.
> The later stage is called "loader".
>
> So, change BTX with loader, and your advice stands. :-)

Whoops, I always end up typing the wrong thing :) boot0 is the MBR, boot2 is
the kernel loader, and they're all by Mr. Nordier.
The BTX loader does have a "prompt" by default and if you interrupt the
countdown. The prompt is, of course, Forth :)

> --
> Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
> dcs@newsguy.com
> dcs@freebsd.org
>
> 	Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.

 Brian Feldman					  _ __  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org			      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
	     http://www.freebsd.org/	 _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!	   _ __ ___ ____ _____ |___/___/___/