Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:47:36 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IE for FreeBSD

I use & support Microsoft software in many office desktop situations and it
does a quite acceptable job, however it seems it takes some time before
sufficient "features" have been debugged for an application to be reliable.
MSIE4 is OK now, but remember its been around over a year. The present MSIE5
has only been out a few months, consequently its still quite buggy. I've
used it in Win98 / Win2000  (don't have any choice there) since its been
available and its still not what I'd call usable. Even if you managed to get
Microsoft to port it to FreeBSD it would be the MSIE5 version,  and apart
from the probability that most BSD folk would refuse to install it, why
would anyone want more Microsoft "new improved features" ??