Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:30:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Star Office 5.1 trouble

On 30-Aug-99 Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Star Office 5.1 for Linux, following some
> hints from freebsdrocks.com. The install went OK, but after that, if I
> try to run Star Office (/home/arb/Office51/bin/soffice), instead of Star
> Office, I get the install screen again. It says that SO is already
> installed on this system, and gives me buttons to modify the setup or
> delete SO. Has anyone else encountered this problem? My OS is FreeBSD
> 3.2-RELEASE with the latest linux lib.

You should be checking out resources for this. I have SO 5.1 working on FreeBSD
perfectly (well, almost, but you can still use all the apps that come with it..
some of the features may not work as intended, though).

Try these sites:
http://www.freebsdrocks.com/show.php3?ThisArticleID=5494&start=1&search_category
=8
        http://www.freebsdrocks.com/p-howto.php3
        http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Misc/staroffice.html

I've also written an article about SO 5.1 for the FreeBSD 'Zine, but it won't
be posted for several months.. (email me if you want a copy beforehand)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>