Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2017 17:22:00 -0500
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vimage and ipv4 addresses

Testing RELEASE 11.0 vimage. Using the bridge/epair method to configure
network access for vnet jails. Issuing "ifconfig epairXb ipv4-address"
command. A single ip address works fine, but if I say
10.0.10.2,10.10.10.3 I get error saying "bad value" If I issue the
ifconfig command two times, once using each ip address then only the
last ip address issued shows on the  epairxb ifconfig list in the vnet
jail. Is this telling me that a vnet jail can only have a single ipv4 ip
address? Is the syntax of the command incorrect?

On the other hand doing basically the same thing with ipv6 does not work
that way. If I issue "ifconfig epairXb int6 ipv6-address" using a single
ipv6 ip address it works fine, but if I say fc00::2,fc00::3 I get error
saying "bad value" If I issue the ifconfig command two times, once using
each ip address then both ipv6 address issued shows on the epairxb
ifconfig list in the vnet jail.

Any input greatly appreciated