Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:08:46 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The strangeness called `sbin'

On 11/10/2011 04:39, Ed Schouten wrote:
> I suspect this email could be one of the last emails I'm sending before
> one of you hire an assassin to get rid of me, but here it goes.

Au contraire, I think your work on improving the general quality of our
code has earned you many many brownie points, so you're far from being
run out of town on a rail. :)

This particular proposal though I personally am confused about, and I
apologize if I missed something obvious, but what is the value of making
this change? I've read the thread so far, and I understand that the
hysterical raisins that prompted the creation of sbin may or may not
still apply, but I haven't yet understood what we would gain by moving
everything.

Sorry if I'm being dense,

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."