Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:44:55 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unicode on FreeBSD

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 07:19:06PM -0700, Alex Belits wrote:
>  It is. However if you look at the current efforts of its "adoption", it
>is not used as one. It's touted as the solution to all language-related
>problems, as a replacement of language/charset labeling infrastructure
>and as the necessary prerequisite for any multilingual text processing.

Abusus non tollit usum! Besides, you were criticizing the Unicode
Consortium for this. The Consortium is certainly not representing
Unicode as anything but a character map.

Alex, frankly, we are moving in circles here. Let's drop this thread.

Adam
--
When a finger points at the Moon... do you look at the Moon?
Or, do you prefer to worship the finger?