Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:33:01 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@is.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about IPFW and ppp

Hey there everyone,

My machine at home is a PPRO 200 with 128MB RAM, and 8GB HDD, running FreeBSD
3.3-RELEASE.  It has an Intel network card that has a 192.168 IP address.  It
also has a modem attached to it, and I am running ppp with the -auto and -alias
flags.

Recently, I compiled IPFIREWALL etc into the kernel, and in the rc.conf I changed
the firewall option to YES, and set it up as 'client'.  The problem I have is this:
When I dialup, I am automatically assigned an IP.  The problem is that I can't dial.
My machine just complains about being unable to reach the DNS servers.  Why is
this??  I've edited rc.firewall and put my 192.168 address in that file, but
I'm not sure if that is correct.

Can someone tell me why it isn't dialing etc etc?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc