Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 2000 03:55:25 -0600
From:      Dale Corse <admin@wolfpaw.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Internal Interface on Firewall dies?

Greetings,

  Im having a problem with a FreeBSD 4.0 box. The box is a P100, with 64 =
Ram and a 4 GB IDE HD. It is used as a gateway to one my my networks on =
a 10 Megabit line. The inferace on the inside (D-Link 538TX) seems to =
occasionally lock up.. and I havent the slightest clue as to why it does =
that. It will just shut down. I am able to login to the box via SSH on =
the outside interface (uplink to the net) and if i reboot the box.. all =
is fine for a while.. ??? and then it will just break down..

If it makes a difference, the internal card is conencted to a 1.6 GB =
Switch (Dlink Switch II). I have noticed that these problems never =
occured before that particular switch was installed, but if Anyone has =
any other insite into this problem, I would appreciate any help.=20

Thank you,
Dale.