Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 08:37:08 -0600
From:      Zach Thompson <hideo@lastamericanempire.com>
To:        Nick Lozinsky <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DMA and FreeBSD4.5-STABLE

* Nick Lozinsky <nl3481@wi.rr.com> [2002-05-03 08:11]:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that some versions before 4.5-STABLE had the DMA enable option in
> the kernel config file; 4.5-STABLE now, doesnt? Its not there, so I try the
> option from the previous versions, and the config command fives me an error.
> Does that mean it's a different option or is DMA enabled by default in
> 4.5-STABLE?

Not an option anymore. Just remove the line and throw any changes you
need from the defaults in loader.conf.

man ata:

        The following tunables are setable from the loader:

        hw.ata.ata_dma
        set to 1 for DMA access, 0 for PIO (default is DMA).

        hw.ata.atapi_dma
        set to 1 for DMA access, 0 for PIO (default is PIO).

Zach Thompson