Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:12:37 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        arnab bhowmick <arnabbhowmick111@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About Hardware Requirements And FreeBSD Installation

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:17:26 +0530, arnab bhowmick wrote:
> I have bought a lenovo Z50 series laptop yesterday. It has a intel core i5
> 4210U cpu 4 gb ddr3l ram and a N15V-GM DDR3 2GB graphics. Now i have to
> install FreeBSD 9.3 on this laptop but i am unable to understand that how
> to install FreeBSD 9.3 on it.

Is there a specific reason why you are using the 9.3 release
instead of the current 10.1?

Basically, the installation is performed with an installation
media, such as a USB stick or a CD or DVD. The required images
can be downloaded. Once you boot from the installation media,
the installer "bsdinstall" will guide you through the steps
of allocating disk space and installing the OS.

> so i am requesting to you guys that can you
> please help me to install it on this machine? I will be happy if you please
> tell me the step by step procedure of installation.

You can find a detailed description in the excellent FreeBSD
documentation:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

The steps for the installation are covered here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/bsdinstall.html

In case, see the FAQ:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/

If you encounter problems, write to the list. Try to explain
the steps you've already taken and tell about the results.
This way you will receive the most helpful answers.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany