Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:47:34 -0400
From:      "Shawn M" <tywe@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   H.323 proxy

Hi, I want to be able to use video conferencing on my lan. I am using
2.2.8-STABLE, and natd is my current way of sharing the internet to my lan.
From what I have read, I need a H.323 proxy running also in order to use
video conferencing behind the firewall. So, the only one I could find for
FreeBSD available free was at www.openh323.org . Looked great, but when I
tried to use their executable, I got an error stating:

ELF binary type not known
Abort trap

I figured I could just get the source , compile it myself , and everything
would be fine.. Wrong, I didn't make it past the first step: compiling
PWLIB, which is needed before I could compile the other file. I got quite a
few warnings for awhile when compiling, but after a few minutes, it exited
with an Error 2. The error is as follows:

/usr/include/signal.h:61: declaration of C function 'int sigwait(const
unsigned int *, int *)' conflicts with
/root/pwlib/include/ptlib/unix/ptlib/pmachdep.h:109: previous declaration
'int sigwait(unsigned int *)' here
gmake[1]: *** [/root/pwlib/lib/obj_FreeBSD_x86_r/svcproc.o] Error 1
blah blah
then it exits with Error 2 after leaving directories, etc.

if anyone can help me get this compiled/working, or suggest something other
than openh323, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Shawn

P.S. I also have trouble with certain FTP's when connecting from behind the
LAN. I read that I have to use PASSIVE mode on the client side for it to
work. I'm using CuteFTP on the winblows machine, and can't find anywhere to
set passive mode except for under "Firewall settings". Do i need to fill
this in? Nothing else has needed any special firewall setting? If so, what
port is my firewall most likely using? 8668? Thanks!