Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:07:40 -0500
From:      Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>
To:        Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@gulbrandsen.priv.no>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use VGA connector on FreeBSD

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Pierre-Luc Drouin writes:
>
>> I would like to buy a laptop and I would like to know if this is
>> usually possible to use the external VGA connector on FreeBSD.
>

> It is. That's not OS-dependent.
>
> FreeBSD probably cannot switch output destination, but the magic key
> on the keyboard can (Fn-F10 on my laptop).
>
> Arnt

ok thanks. I had heard of some people unable to use projectors with
Linux (while it worked on Windows) so I thought it could depend on the
OS. I had also read that we have to edit de X config file and add the
configuration parameters for the external monitor/projector so I thought
the X11 driver had something to do with it.