Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:36:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: saving files with netscape (permission denied)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, G. Jason Middleton wrote:

> ok so i can save then to a folder in my home directory just not to the
> root of my hmoe directory.  and yes i was wrong i am trying to save it in
> /home/username.....so that is the correct way to save it....unless i want
> to say it to a folder (which i did) in my hmoe directory..so..wonder what
> it could be?
>
> Jasoin

You are still having this problem??  If so, I suggest reading the section
of the Handbook on permissions Chapter 3 section 2

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/permissions.html

using this and the programs
ls, chmod, chown and chgrp
you should be able to track down and fix the permissions within your home
directory.

you should also try the command

#man hier

which will give you an idea of the directory structure of your system.

Cheers,
Russ