Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 97 01:07 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        Jim Lowe <james@CS.UWM.EDU>, multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: rat-3.0.22 and guspnp7 sound driver

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 00:46:58 -0700,
   Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM> said:

> Complain to -current for changing the ioctl structure . It is becoming
> slightly inconvenient to provide backwards compatibility. The driver
> and apps compile cleanly on FreeBSD 3.0-current.

So it is die or swim with 3.0-current. :-(  Would this be pretty much
the situation with the bt848 driver as well?

Jim Lowe's jmix app also doesn't compile clean because of the above.
And it gets very confused when run and doesn't display any mixer
controls at all.

> Not sure what the issue is with rat given that I don't have the
> sources.

They are working with a FreeBSD 2.2 system I think. Plus using the
OSS sound driver... maybe if we ask them they would release the
source to you for working with your guspnp sound driver.

In regards vat, have you modified the audio-voxware.cc module recently?

-- Denis