Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:47:18 -0400
From:      "Matthew Metnetsky" <mimetnet@syr.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   GUI Tools  ... And more

First off thanks for the internet setup advice -- I got it working.  Now
secondly, I've been doing a LOT of reading about different GUI tools
such as Qt, GTK, and whatever it is that Microsoft uses.  I'd like to
learn one that is multi-platform, naturally Microsoft's is out of the
question, but Qt and GTK aren't.  So what's the big deal between Qt and
GTK as each seems to be adopted by different Desktop environments for
*nix (GTK / Gnome and Qt / KDE).  Am I really going to be able to write
software that minus the file system calls are the same ?

Anyone with a real world example ?

~ Matthew

      Matthew Metnetsky

      met@uberstats.com