Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:43:05 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
To:        Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Booting XP Home and FreeBSD 4.7 Release

* Lucas Holt (luke@foolishgames.com) wrote:
==> What is the best approach to dual booting XP Home and FreeBSD?
==> Specifically I want to know what to do about the boot manager?  I don't
==> want to damage Windows XP in the process.
==>
==> My system currently has Windows XP Home edition on a 30 gig partition
==> and another 9 gigs or so free at the end.
==>
==> I have read some newsgroups, but some people are saying that its not a
==> good idea to use the nt boot loader.
==>
==> Lucas Holt
==> Luke@FoolishGames.com

Hi Luke

I would go ahead and [back up your data and] install FreeBSD.  I'm
assuming you want to stick it on the 9GB free space?  No problem,
just install the FreeBSD boot loader when sysinstall asks you--it'll
boot 'em both, although you may get a display something like:

F1 FreeBSD
F2 ???

F2 in this case will be WinXP.

HTH,