Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:48:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM entry point for SCSI-to-Ethernet device.

In article <Pine.BSF.4.02.9903181424310.2158-100000@sasami.jurai.net> you wrote:
> My thought was to create 'scsi_se.[ch]' and let the driver live there (or
> I can split up the network parts to live elsewhere) and in my csa.callback
> routine examine the device name as well as the device type (T_PROCESSOR)
> before attaching (so I know I have a valid SE device).
>
> Since I'd like the device to show up as 'seX' (woo!) this means that the
> 'pt' driver will have to not attach (or attach in the way that the 'pass'
> device does).
>
> Any ideas?

In CAM, multiple drivers may attach to the same underlying device
(e.g there is no special code to handle the 'pass' driver).
So long as the pt device is not 'active' the se driver shouldn't
care a bit about whether it has also attached to the cabeltron or
not.  Eventually, there will be locking primitives available for
you to claim exclusive or shared access to the underlying device,
but I haven't found the time to write them yet.

--
Justin