Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 1995 16:43:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: scsi changes

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

> The BOOTFLP kernel will panic in "extend_get" with a zero pointer reference
> when sysinstall opens /dev/sd0d on a machine without scsi.

Oops.  Fixed and committed.

Until the fix shows up, I suspect that any open of a non existent SCSI
device will panic your system.  The fix is to return ENXIO when
scsi_device.c:scsi_open() is passed a 0 "scsi_device" pointer.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936