Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:11:51 -0400
From:      "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Please Help with boot freeze

Hi,

I am very upset.
I just got my freebsd 3.1 the way I wanted with my home network and thinga
and now I have a big problem.

I was editing my rc.conf and must have got sloppy.
On my nest reboot the bootup stopped right where it was mounting my drivce
and said:
/etc/rc.conf
16:Synatax error:
end of file unexpected.
Enter full name of shell or return for /bin/sh.

If I hit retrn I can see the files on my hard drive but cannot bring up an
editor to fix the rc.conf file.

I tried copying rc.conf~ to rc.conf but it says file is read only.

Please help.
I do not want to reload freebsd again.

Thanks
Rick