Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:28:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      crs@swcp.com
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        crs@swcp.com
Subject:   file://localhost/usr/ports/www/firefox/README.html

Hello,

At the very least, the port of firefox in the freeBSD (4.11) ports
collection should be labeled gnome-dependent.

I do not run gnome or any other desktop-environment; I use fvwm2
(and would use fvwm if they hadn't deleted it from the 4.11
distribution).

It's really frustrating to cd to what appears to be a generic port,
type make install, and have a damnable point-and-click ala
sysinstall appear in my xterm -- but one that doesn't reapond
either to the arrow keys or the mouse.

Better yet, it would check to see if gnome is running (I assume
that that's what it thought) and either provide an error message to
the effect that it requires gnome or, even better, when it finds
not only that it isn't running but that it isn't even installed,
reverts to a generic installation of firefox that will run under
*any* window manager.

Thank you for your attention.

Charlie
--