Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 2017 12:11:43 +0000
From:      "Paul.Pathiakis@gd-ms.com" <Paul.Pathiakis@gd-ms.com>
To:        "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NAT'ing same IP spaces

Hi,

I have two sites, A and B, one is a mirror of the other.  They have all the=
 same machines as their counterparts in the other site.  They are in the 10=
.10.10.x/24 address space

I have a new repository machine that needs to get backups from all the mach=
ines in both networks despite having the same IPs.

One set connects to a switch on a 10.10.2.x/24 space and the other a 10.10.=
4.x/24 space on VLAN(s) on a switch.  There are some strange gyrations that=
 people go through to PXEboot any of the machines with a DHCP to get an add=
ress on the 10.10.2/24 or 10.10.4/24 and access things through the switch.

I'm trying to think of a simple way with NAT and rdr to get the repository =
to accept connections from a machine placed anywhere external to both sites=
 and be able to send a restore to the proper machine in either of the netwo=
rks.

None of the existing machines in either site can be modified by adding/chan=
ging firewall settings or implementing NAT

More detail... site A on 10.10.10.1 needs to be backed up via 10.10.2/24 as=
 does 10.10.10.10 in Site B but on 10.10.4/24.

They need to talk to the repository.  At one point, someone may need to res=
tore.  How can I differentiate between the machines in the two networks tha=
t have the same IP?  I can place the repository machine anywhere in the net=
work but not in the sites themselves.

Do I need multiple machines?  Should I just have multiple cards on the repo=
sitory machine?

Thank you!

P.