Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:27:52 -0500
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems booting the second HD

It is my understanding that you *must* (generally speaking)
boot off of the first drive.  Only when I ran the OS/2 boot
loader was I able to get around this restriction..but this
was several years ago.  If you have modern bios it is
possible to tell it to boot off of the second drive..though
this is a cumbersome workaround.

Anyone,  If this has changed..please feel free to correct
me ...

Michael G.

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:48:37 -0800 (PST), Rudy Gireyev
wrote:

> IDE2 has a 6.1G
>onto which I've installed FreeBSD 3.1. I dedicated the whole disk
>during setup, and it appears that booteasy was only installed on the
>first disk.
 ICQ #24517082    Live FreeBSD...Or Die!

 PIC          X  10    VALUE "YES! COBOL"