Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 02:34:08 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody used the Viper II SCSI-SCSI Raid

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 06:21:54AM -0000, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> Hi, I was pointed to the Viper II SCSI-SCSI Raid products
> <http://www.cmd.com>; by a colleague. Has anybody on this list used and
> what were your experiences
we use the CMD 5440 (configured for 2 host and 2 disk channels, SCSI UW)
and are rather satisfied.
But despite of that, ... I would buy a Mylex SCSI2SCSI RAID the
next time.
The CMDs are (IMHO!) ok in environments with relatively low
disk traffic (like in our 'small business' 8 to 10 people doing
web-design etc.). But under really high load the Mylex units might
perform much better. The bottleneck with the CMDs is, that they
only support up to 32 tagged commands.

-Andreas

--
: TSE GmbH Neue Medien  :  Gsf: Arne Reuter        :                 :
: Hovestrasse 14        :       Andreas Braukmann  : We do it with   :