Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:29:38 -0500
From:      "Adam Maas" <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
To:        "David Banning" <david@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: identifying my network address

Nope, Your display variable must be set to the IP or hostname of the X
Server, which in this case is the Windows machine. X mangles the
client/server difference, since the box displaying teh window is teh Server
(And specified via DISPLAY) while the remote system running the apps is the
client.

To use XWin32 (Ditch it, it's very buggy, eXceed is far superior), you need
to set your DISPLAY variable on the Unix host running the apps to:
windowsboxip:0

Adam