Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:22:17 +0200
From:      Michael Elbel <me@gw.muc.ditec.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   XEmacs 20.2 port candidate

I've made a port for XEmacs 20.2, that could become editors/xemacs-20 if
people are happy. I've so far checked that everything I use it for
works properly. I cannot, however, test the MULE featueres properly,
or, at all :(

So, I'm asking the fellow multiliguistic people here: Would folks who are
interested in the MULE version of xemacs please check out the port
that I've put at:

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/xemacs-20.2.port.tgz

For now I've made it so that MULE *isn't* compiled in as default
for the sake of the perceived majority of folks who'll simply say
make and not need MULE and the speed penalty.
If you want it, you'll have to set the environment variable WITH_MULE to
something.
I'm open to suggestion about how to handle this better/different/more
uniform with other ports.

Thanks ahead,

Michael

--