Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:57:28 -0500
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "Christopher S. Weimann" <cweimann@wallnet.com>
Cc:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu>, wonko@entropy.tmok.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is FreeBSD better than Linux?

No, while the slice approach creates 8 potential file system
in one slice, I found it easier to just use extended partitions.
That way I can have redhat 5.2 and redhat 6.0 on the same disk
I.e.  redhat 5.2 / = /dev/hda5
      redhat 5.2 /usr = /dev/hda6
      swap		/dev/hda7
      redhat 6.0 / = dev/hda8
      redhat 6.0 /usr = /dev/hda9

There's something called "extended linux partitions", I've never
used them.

When I put 1 system several years in slice 1, and another system
in slice 2, it installed but always booted the first slice.

Also loadlin seemed "better" than the freebsd dos-based kernel loader...

(supposedly I may be able to do this now in freebsd...I'll belive
it when I see it).