Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:37:46 +0200
From:      Herbert Poeckl <freebsdml@ist.tugraz.at>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with nfsv4 and krb5 access denied

On 06/28/2012 05:34 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> The only other thought I had (I have no idea if this is even possible?)
> is that some sort of hardware offload in the network card is screwing
> things up. (I don't know the em hardware, but you might try disabling
> TSO etc, in case the packets are somehow getting corrupted?)
>
> Good luck with it. It would be nice to know why this is happening.
> Since the NIC is way below the NFS layer, I can't think of any reason
> why NFS would care which NIC is used.

I did some more testing.

What is the difference between the two cards is, that on of them (the
working one) says:
em0: Using an MSI interrupt

The card where I get the access denied doesn't say anything like this.

So I tried to disable msi with
hw.pci.enable_msi=0

.. in /boot/loader.conf and now I get access denied on both NICs.

The card now says:
em0: No MSI/MSIX using a Legacy IRQ

Hmm. Is there an idea of what to do next?

Herbert