Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:39:49 -0500
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@sc.rr.com>
To:        Jason <kib@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: watchdog timeout messages

You can temporarily disable kernel messages being logged to the
console by editing /etc/syslog.conf, and changing the entry that
refers to /dev/console:

*.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit		/dev/console
           ^^^^^
Change this to 'none', i.e.:

*.err;kern.none;auth.notice;mail.crit		/dev/console

Then, kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid`

(Don't forget to change it back after you get through troubleshooting)