Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:18:41 -0400
From:      "Lars R. Noldan" <lars@sixfeetup.com>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Huge Stack Option

Hello All,

I am wondering if it would be possible to change the
-DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE= value when selecting HUGE from 0x1000000 to at
least 0x2000000

The current limitation is too small, and the default is far too small to
adequately host Plone via Zope, and leads to processes just dying
without error.  Setting a sufficiently massive "HUGE_STACK_SIZE" results
in useful error messages eventually being provided.

Alternately would it be possible to request a GIANT_STACK_SIZE flag be
added to the list if we can't adjust the value for huge?

For us, this affects Python 2.4 and 2.6 however I suspect all versions
are affected.

Thank you for your consideration either way,
Lars R. Noldan
--

Six Feet Up, Inc. | Where sophisticated web projects thrive
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x609