Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 1995 09:15:46 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, lix@cs.pdx.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd can't start

Jaye Mathisen stands accused of saying:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Michael Smith wrote:
> > Did you actually bother to read the documentation?  You don't run
> > httpd from the commandline.  Sheesh.  It runs out of /etc/inetd.conf,
> > and it's expecting a web browser on standard input.
>
> Excuse me?  I suspect that there are very few sites of any significant
> size(traffic)  running the daemon out of inetd.conf.

Hmm.  I do 8)  (I couldn't see any other reason why it would emit an HTML
error to stdout when stin was closed for any other reason...)

Come to think of it, it's not going to work very well under inet (but then
again it's not like I serve much in the way of traffic).

Doh.  Remember mike, first the brain, then the wadding, then the mouth...

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[