Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:16:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, terry@cs.weber.edu, phk@ref.tfs.com, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: newfs: sectors per cylinder (4096) disagrees with disk label (36)

Garrett Wollman writes:

> <<On Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:10:08 -0500 (EST), Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com> said:
>
> > Actually, we do have them now.  The documentation is inadequate and the
> > numbering conflicts with the slice code.
>
> Then we don't really have them.

I suppose, but then we don't have slices either and the SCSI code is in
there.  Given a choice between "We have them" and "We don't have them" I
think we're a lot closer to "We have them".

The reason we don't have documentation is that it conflicts with
the soon to come slices and it doesn't make sense for anyone to start
using them before the dust settles.  I have the man page here.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936