Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:55:59 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: New OPTIONS and make.conf knobs

There is another problem with options and portmaster.

I have WITHOUT_X11=yes in make.conf and if I try to install
emulators/virtualbox-ose for the first time it immediately ends with
error message instead of showing options dialog.

# portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose

===>>> Currently installed version: virtualbox-ose-4.1.16
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose

         ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
         ===>>> QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config' again!

         ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
                BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.
Terminated

I don't know the order of processing options / knobs so I don't know if
this is the problem of portmaster, OPTIONSng or Makefile it-self.

To fix this problem, I must manually run `make config` in ports
directory and uncheck QT4, then run portmaster again.

Miroslav Lachman