Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:44:00 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Jonathan Graehl <jonathan@graehl.org>
Cc:        freebsd-Arch <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Breaking up make.conf

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:40:35AM -0800, Jonathan Graehl wrote:
> I wouldn't go that far, but /usr/share is obviously not for private /usr/src
> files.  The bsd.*.mk files were indeed documented as public, and should not be
> removed, regardless of what you wish to add to /usr/src.

No one ever said they should be deleted.  The issue is should we state
they are for use in building the world.  If you want the same processing
and semantics you are free to use them for your own.

Warner is saying he wants almost the same processing (if we added an
/etc/make-world.conf), but doesn't want to have change, edit, create any
new .mk files.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX